Sharing holiday gift ideas for the kids this year! We tend to stick to the purchasing strategy of: “ Something they want, something they need, something to wear, and something to read.”
Hi friends! Happy Thursday! How’s the week treating ya? It’s been a busy on over here and I’m currently in Phoenix for a mastermind trip. I’ll share more details in Fri Faves tomorrow!
I’m really excited for today’s gift guide because kiddos really bring the magic to Christmastime. I’m basically like Buddy the Elf and thought that nothing could possibly make the season more enjoyable… and then we had kids. They just magnify all of the magic of the holidays. We’re getting our holiday shopping done early, so I wanted to put some ideas out there if you’re doing the same thing.
More gift guides from this year:
When we holiday shop for the kiddos, we keep things on the simpler side. They get their Santa gifts and stocking stuffers, and then from us, we stick to the “something they want, something they need, something to wear, and something to read.” This checks all of the main boxes and keeps things from getting too bananas with gifts from my parents and their other relatives. [Another hack: any gifts that aren’t opened in the first couple of days are stocked away in the playroom. I bring them out on a rainy day or when the kids say they’re looking for something to do.]
Today, I’m sharing some of the things on their personal wish lists, along with tried and true favorites if you’re shopping for kids their ages (5 and almost 9) this holiday season!! I’d love to hear your kids’ gift requests in the comments and any ideas you have!
2022 Holiday Gift Guide for the Kids
Something they want:
– American Girl doll. These are always a huge hit… I think we’re up to 10 now lol
–A new bike or scooter
–Beautiful surprise ball angel
– Zingo! This is a perfect board game for younger kids. They also love Guess Who, and I recently got them Twister and Bop It
– New roller skates or skateboard
– Magnatiles or anything Lego
– Power Wheels. We did this a few years ago and they LOVED them
Something they need:
– New Ugg boots <— the waterproof ones last the longest
– Dance or gymnastics leotards
– Experience gifts are always a hit, like tickets to a museum or activity they love
– Practice goal and a new soccer ball
Something to wear:
– A festive dress or dapper blazer
Something to read:
– The Babysitter’s Club graphic novels. Liv has read all of these and LOVES them. I highly recommend if you have an 8-11 year old
– Ivy & Bean
– Pig the Pug
–Thelma the Unicorn
– Pinkalicious collection
– Fancy Nancy
– Pete the Cat
– Where’s Waldo?
– Mad Libs
– The Boxcar Children (this makes a fun read-aloud)
What’s on the kiddos’ wish list this year? Any previous gifts that were a home run?
Shop this post:
*Note: none of my gift guides are sponsored, and companies are not able to purchase spots on my gift guides. These are all items I curated myself and genuinely think they’d make awesome gifts for someone you love. Affiliate links are included, which don’t affect purchase price but enable me to earn a small kickback. Thank you so much for purchasing through these links and supporting our family. <3
Source by fitnessista.com